To Show Drives on Desktop, Check the Finder Preferences
- Open a Finder window, or just switch to the Finder and choose
Preferences…from the Finder menu.
- Make sure you’re looking at the
- If you want to show your hard drive on your desktop, check the box "hard disks".
- Make sure the checkbox beside
External disksis checked to show your flash drives and other external disks.
- Check the other boxes for Hard disks, CDs, DVDs, and iPods, and Connected servers, if you want to be able to see them on the Desktop too.
If you have checked external disks, you will now see your thumb drive on your desktop!